Colorado State University, located in Fort Collins, Colorado, is situated on nearly 5,000 acres of land, including the main campus, a foothills campus, an agricultural campus, and a mountain campus. Colorado State also has 4,600 acres for research centers, Cooperative Extension offices, and Colorado State Forest Service stations. Located north of the Denver metro area, CSU is about an hours drive to Denver International Airport.
- Library with extensive collections and resources
- Statistical consulting lab
- Strong faculty in allied areas such as anthropology, art, business, chemistry, construction management, history, psychology, sociology
- Opportunities to pursue a doctoral degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with an emphasis in Design and Merchandising
- Opportunities to become involved in Graduate Student Council http://www.colostate.edu/Orgs/GSC
- Stimulating lecture series, cultural programs, and athletic events
Fort Collins is an award-winning city located on the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains with the foothills and 14,000-foot peaks visible to residents. Easy access to hiking, skiing, rafting and other outdoor sports is a great advantage to CSU students, faculty and staff.
Why DM @ CSU?
- Resources of a major research and land-grant institution
- International and cross-cultural program focus and faculty expertise
- Research partnerships with faculty
- Opportunities to engage in in-depth seminar discussions with fellow graduate students
- The Avenir Museum, a state-of-the-art on campus facility housing historic textiles, costume, and furniture
- New gallery exhibition spaces
- Newly renovated technology labs with the latest software
- $52 million Siemens software for product lifecycle management
- Newly renovated design and product development facilities
- $400,000 for a collaborative studio promoting design creativity, learning, and research in design
- Textile science laboratories
- Department sponsored international study tours
- Desirable location at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Fort Collins, named one of the “Best Places to Live in America